Life tip # 38 LOOK AT THE STARS
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson
I tend to get more freaked out the older I get. I gravitate my thoughts back and forth from, “I am a total rock star!” to, “Is this rock bottom?” I boycott the idea in your mid-twenties you should have the world deciphered…
- Oprah was terminated from her job as a news anchor at 23.
- Brilliant Dr. Seuss was rejected 27 times by weary publishers.
- Stephen King swept floors as a janitor in his 30’s and originally trashed the avant-garde Carrie manuscript.
- Thomas Edison was advised by his teachers he was, “too stupid to learn anything.”
- Jerry Seinfeld was at initially booed off the stage.
- Walt Disney was let go as a news paper editor for lacking imagination.
- Elvis Presley’s first performance at the Grand Ole Opry, was a let down. “You ain’t goin’ nowhere, son. You ought to go back to drivin’ a truck.” Were the words muttered after his performance. Elvis righteously disposed of those car keys.
To seventeen year old Sarah,
The one thing all of these successful people have in common? They never gave up. Most people can’t imagine migrating from their comfort zones. Even if being uncomfortable is how you grow into a better you. It’s not always conventional, granting it is mandatory. You can change the plan, but never the goal. Everyone has a dream, a purpose, something they know they were meant to do for the rest of their lives. A job you fancy so much, it wouldn’t even be considered work. Whatever that may be, go for it. The majority along the way will try to get you to conform with society, don’t do it. If you wan’t too accomplish anything you have to believe in yourself and realize you’re adequate. You won’t go anywhere colossal with negative thoughts. It’s OK to feel lost, souls who you’re meant to meet with eventually find you. Never forget the humble beginnings you came from. People may try to cheat you along the way, be honest always, you’ll sleep better at night. Stick up for what’s right, don’t be a bystander. You may lose good friends, don’t dwell on the past. Learn from it, and move on. You will get to travel, live in cities you only dreamed of. Put your phone away and enjoy every moment. Seize the day! Keep your combat boots on. Don’t wear make up. Do whatever makes you happy.
-You’ll go places kid, I promise. ♠
Billionaire Mark Cuban once tweeted, “it was right around this date in November when I was 27 years old that I remember looking at a 0 dollar bank balance at the ATM…
“If that’s not inspiration to you, I don’t know what is.”